Careers at Hills Balfour
If you've got a head for destination marketing and the heart to handle heaps of client love, you could be a perfect fit for the superstar shaped holes we sometimes get on our team.
We should mention, that we look for the best of the best, so with that in mind, if you've got a super positive attitude, solid experience and real problem-solving depth, it's definitely worth starting a conversation.
Simply send us a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a brief covering letter that includes your current salary and notice period. Then send it to [email protected] and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
1. On-the-road Sales & Marketing Account Executive – Southern regions of the UK Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Marketing Account Executive to promote our Indian Ocean client to the UK Tour operators and Travel agents throughout the South of the UK.
Ideally educated to degree level, you will be on the road for 3-4 days a week, building and maintaining relationships with our trade partners. Daily activities will include sales calls, meetings, product training with tour operators and travel agents, market analysis and constantly looking for and identifying opportunities to generate and grow business to the hotels.
The successful candidate will be passionate about travel and ideally will have experience either in travel sales or travel marketing, with an in-depth knowledge of the client destination and the UK Travel industry. They must also be an excellent communicator, highly presentable, have an eye for detail and be able to use their own initiative.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable sales and marketing experience within the travel industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good geographical knowledge of southern England
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi tasked and fast paced role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Used to working to strict deadlines and capable of managing and prioritising their own workload
- Proficiency in word, excel and outlook
We are looking for a car owner with a clean driving license. The successful candidate will be required to spend a certain number of days a week on the road and be home-based on the other days. They must also be available to attend meetings and events at the Hills Balfour head office, which is based in central London. Overseas travel will also be part of the job.
To apply for the position, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role, and include details of your current salary and any notice period to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JM1815.
2. PR Account Director (LONDON) Due to the ongoing exciting developments at Hills Balfour, we now have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced PR Account Director to join our award-winning team.
Working from our central London offices, this role will suit an established PR professional with at least 10 years’ experience, ideally within the travel and lifestyle PR sectors. We are looking for a great people manager and someone who is passionate in their commitment to achieving exceptional results and delivering a world-class service for their clients.
No two days are ever the same at Hills Balfour, but some of the key responsibilities for this role will include promoting the public image of the PR clients and the Company; offering strategic advice to managers and staff to ensure they carry out their responsibilities to the highest standards; ensuring a financially efficient and streamlined approach to the portfolio; and a high involvement with new business.
This role requires a dynamic individual, capable of providing operational know-how, strategic support, and entrepreneurial nous. Applicants must be able to work - and thrive - in a fast-paced environment and should have the confidence to operate successfully under their own initiative as well as collaboratively alongside the wider Hills Balfour team. We are looking for someone who is motivated, energetic, organised and creative, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and take full responsibility for their own workload as well as overseeing a team. Flawless execution and an eye for detail are also essential qualities for this role, and a good grasp of the social media and digital influencer landscape is a must.
This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s leading integrated travel marketing agency at an exciting time of unprecedented growth.
To apply, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to Maureen McGrory at: [email protected] quoting reference MM1814
3. Accounts Assistant (London) The ongoing expansion within Hills Balfour has opened up an exciting new opportunity for someone who is AAT qualified, or studying towards ACA or ACCA, to join our small and friendly finance team.
If you have great time management skills, enjoy working autonomously but equally can take/follow direction and can confidently handle a varied and busy workload effectively and with the utmost efficiency, then continue reading.
Based in our offices in central London, the successful applicant will assist with the smooth running of all aspects of the day to day accounts function including:
- Sales and purchase ledgers
- Credit control
- Petty cash & expenses
- Administrative and clerical support as needed
To succeed in this role, you must possess:
- First-rate numerical skills
- The ability to work to strict and demanding deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of building relationships with individuals at every level of the business
- The ability to multi-task and deliver outstanding results
- Solid organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ideally educated to degree level
- An experience of using Sage 50 Accounts
To apply, please send a covering letter to [email protected] enclosing your CV and quoting reference SM1812. Please also include your salary expectations and, if applicable, your notice period.
No agencies please.