DUBAI EUROPEAN MICE STRATEGY
To develop and maintain strong relationships with meeting planners, trade show producers and relevant meetings and event industry decision makers to promote Dubai as the destination for tourism, entertainment and events. Promoting Dubai’s credentials as a global business and trade hub whilst attracting regional and international businesses to establish and/or consolidate and grow their presence in Dubai.
A dedicated MICE sales team is tasked with:
- Conducting sales calls and producing educational events designed to increase awareness of Dubai as a destination for meetings, events, incentive programmes and trade shows.
- Researching, recommending and organising appropriate industry events and trade shows that educate travel buyers and provide exposure for Dubai.
- Developing targeted client lists for solicitation and engagement, focussing on industries with potential for productivity.
- Executing programmes and activities designed to produce group leads and bookings for Dubai.
- Assisting in confirming qualified buyers for shows and events with a hosted buyer format.
- Organising and hosting travel professional destination familiarisation tours.
- Promoting attendance at Dubai-held trade shows and events to existing and potential exhibitors and attendees.
- Organising, developing and hosting in-market sales missions, trade shows, trade missions and individual sales meetings.
- Maintaining involvement in relevant organisations.
Growth in lead generation to a total of 192 RFP’s including 36 association events.
Six sales missions including 22 events.
Six Study Missions with 212 European attendees from agency, corporate and association sectors.
6 sales missions during the past three years, including 22 events in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Zurich, Stockholm, Milan, Vienna and Copenhagen. Attendance of nearly 900 buyers and associations.